Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
We are thrilled to have you join us. Human Citizen Workplace is a professional coworking community within a shared environment. To help each other work, grow, and succeed in this space, members must adhere to following the agreement and waiver outlined below. Our terms and conditions are based upon principles of mutual respect and support among all community members and staff. They also are focused on professional and personal care of Human Citizen Workplace as a physical space. The term “space” and “Workplace” refer to Human Citizen Workplace, a registered DBA of Human Citizen Consulting, Inc.
My signature accepts all terms and conditions of working under my chosen term/plan at this location set forth by Human Citizen Consulting Inc. (HCCI): DBA Human Citizen (HC) and Human Citizen Workplace (HCW) at 4101 N Broadway, Chicago Illinois, 60613.
My signature also holds HCCI, HC, HCW, its members, employees, and all of its affiliates, harmless and I accept full individual and personal responsibility for any personal injury or personal property damage that may occur while I am working/studying at Human Citizen Workplace. My signature waives all liability and responsibility of HCCI, HC, and HCW for any loss of my business, school, time, or work output due to any personal injury or property damage while I am working/studying at Human Citizen Workplace.
1) Use of Space and Personal Liability
- Keep all areas clean, neat, and throw away your trash.
- Absolutely no unlawful, damaging, or destructive use of space including any part of the building, common areas, and exterior spaces.
- You assume any and all risk for your actions within or arising from, use of our space, including full financial responsibility and legal responsibility.
- Your membership, or other agreed use of our space, does not create or give you any tenancy, leasehold, or other real property rights or interests whatsoever.
2) Respect, Responsibility, Safety, Privacy, and the Safekeeping of Belongings
- You must at all times respect, protect, and refrain from endangering, injuring, interfering with, or invading others and the personal property and privacy of all others at The Workplace, its common areas, or exterior space, including but not limited to staff, members, guests, service providers, and other people. You are personally responsible for any injuries caused to other people, or any financial costs or legal responsibility as a result of your interaction, communication, or dealings with other people and businesses.
- You assume complete and sole responsibility for your own safety and privacy at The Workplace, its common areas, or exterior space, and for the security and safekeeping of your own property and privacy, as well as for the safety, property, and privacy of your guests and invitees, along with all risk, cost, and liability.
3) The Workplace Assumes No Business Liability
- While The Workplace may provide you with workspace and meeting space, The Workplace is not and will not be responsible or liable for your business conduct. You are fully and solely responsible, at your sole cost and expense, for your own business conduct and for the cost of any and all business liability and other insurance which you may deem necessary.
- If you create or are involved with any personal, business, or legal dealings of which The Workplace is knowingly or unknowingly involved, you are fully responsible for any financial or legal costs that The Workplace incurs as a result.
- The Workplace takes adequate precautions for the safekeeping of its members and their belongings; however, we do not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items. As such, you do or will obtain, at your sole cost and expense, property insurance or other insurance you deem necessary.
4) Guests & Membership Privileges
- As a member of The Workplace, you are able to invite clients to meet with you on-site or have guests come to visit for a short period of time. All guests must adhere to all The Workplace terms and rules outlined in this agreement.
- You are 100% responsible, both financially and legally, for the actions, communications, and dealings of your guests.
- Your membership can be immediately revoked without refund because of actions taken by you, your guests, your business associates, your service providers, or any other visitors or invitees on your behalf.
- A person that continually meets you at The Workplace (for example every week, or every few days) and stays for an extended period of time is no longer considered a guest and must purchase an actual coworking membership.
- The Workplace reserves the right to determine when a recurring guest is considered a candidate for membership.
- The Dedicated Desk and Office Memberships provide you with access to The Workplace seven days a week – 6:30 am to 10:00 pm. The Community Memberships provide you with access to The Workplace M-F – 6:30 am to 10:00 pm.
- You will never give your personal access code to anyone, regardless if they are a member of The Workplace or not.
- You will not open the door for or allow access to anyone (if they do not have an access code, they cannot enter).
- You will at all times adhere to all membership rules, even when no staff or other people are present in the space.
- There is no sleeping or living at The Workplace or using our space or services as a replacement for a residence or the services typically used within a residence, including but not limited to the internet, bathroom and kitchen areas.
6) Membership Payment and Renewal
- Membership is automatically renewed on the 1st of each month unless explicitly canceled by members.
- A Dedicated Desk and Office Member is committed to a minimum of 3 months membership. A Community Member is committed to a minimum of 2 months of membership. Membership dues are paid each month, and not upfront at the time of registration - unless one selects a prepaid, discounted option (for which there is no refund).
- Notice of cancellation must occur at least 30 days before the next billing date (the 1st of each month).
7) Violation of Terms and Revocation of Membership
- If any terms of this agreement are violated, the decision to issue you a warning, or to revoke your membership without refund, is entirely up to the decision of The Workplace. As a member, you may submit a written response or summary to The Workplace regarding the incident within 48 hours of its occurrence, but the final decision regarding membership and all fees is solely up to The Workplace.